Saturday, November 26, 2011

Her repertoire grows!

Last year I wrote on Bonnie Ulm Holland, a friend of mine, whom I find so interesting and talented.  She keeps presenting me with what I find very interesting subjects I'm compelled to write on.  Last October, I wrote about her newest creative project, Elite Elixir, and carried out my own experiment of this item, adding to what I'm calling her repertoire, which by the way already consists of her botanical artistry, her cooking mastery,  and two cook books, one of which is an award winner.  And by the way, personally I think her botanical compositions are far more exquisite than any other pressed flower art I have seen any where, and I think she continually improves upon her artistry.  Believe me, I do look around checking if anyone out there is putting out better work with pressed flowers.  You really do need to see some of her pieces for yourself to appreciate the detail. I don't know how she does it, but some compositions appear three-dimensional to me. The framed compositions are ready for displaying brilliantly preserved, pressed flowers from any special occasion, which make for a lasting memory- truly something that will be treasured for a long time. And, word as spread so she even has clients internationally.  Just recently I just heard Bonnie's been invited to display her botanical art on an entire wall at Rosemont Gardens, a well-known establishment in Montgomery, Alabama. What an honor to her and treat for those who are going to be awe struck when they see how amazingly attractive her botanical compositions truly are.

Below are two recently framed pieces by Bonnie. View close-up the spectacular colors and detail. Her proprietary technique lends to the most splendidly, preserved pressed flowers. These finished products are big, gorgeous, and fit to proudly display on the wall of any home or art museum.

Pressed flowers- such vivid colors

I think Bonnie is the best botanical artist.



Alas, there is even a newer addition to her repertoire. Bonnie has written the manuscript to her book, Rural Home, Recollections and Reflections.  Below are photos of the loose manuscript pages, and photos of the manuscript in a binder.  Bonnie, et all, are anxiously waiting to hear from a publisher the manuscript has been submitted to. 

Rural Home manuscript next to botanical art

Chapters of Rural Home waiting to be compiled

The finished, bound Rural Home manuscript, was submitted to a local publisher this month. I'm not exaggerating, honestly, I think if anyone starts reading Rural Home, they won't want to set it down because page after page they will become more immersed and engaged in the stories of her life. It reminds me of two novels, Fried Green Tomatoes/Whistle Stop Cafe, and Forrest Gump, in that so many things happen to the main character. I believe Rural Home has all the makings of a classic novel and movie.  And, I'm personally hoping this will be the first of many books written by Bonnie. 

Front cover

 
 Back cover





So, we will soon be adding- 'best-selling author' to Bonnie's growing list of accomplishments. Hats off to her. She deserves it.

You might enjoy viewing the Nature's Notables website.


Below is the card I saw in a downtown Montgomery art store back in early 1999. I hadn't yet met or heard of Bonnie Holland. I thought this card was so simple, but so beautiful. I had to have it for myself. I've had it displayed on a shelf in my bathroom ever since. To me it brings a smile to my face. Then, later that year I meet Bonnie when she came to my practice and we quickly become friends. She will tell you how I helped her at a stressful time in her life with the therapies I provided to her, including introducing her to therapeutic-grade essential oils. But I say she equally has helped me countless times with her friendship, sound advice and her genuine concern the many, many times I needed relationship and business advice.  Not to mention the sheer pleasure of being invited to eat at her table, which is equivalent to dining in a fine 5-star restaurant.  Need I say this is a special card made by a treasured friend.

Salvia, simply preserved, by Bonnie Holland, 1999

P.S. You may contact Bonnie (at Nature's Notables), then click 'Contact Info' so you can contact her that you wish to be informed when her book, Rural Home, comes out. (I have no doubt whatsoever it will be a successful book, because everything she touches turns out successfully). I haven't asked, but knowing her, I can see her autographing her first issued books. So, go ahead and ask to be contacted as soon as her book is ready for distribution .

And, please share this posting with your friends/family on Facebook and Twitter.   Until next time, have a lovely, blessed day!






No comments:

Post a Comment