Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Surprise Salad

I made a salad today using what I had on hand.
It looks good and tastes very good. The mixture is quite pleasant.

I call it Surprise Salad because it was a surprise to me how well it turned out.

If you like what you see, try making it yourself, then invite me over.

Surprise Salad
 Surprise Salad
    (fruit and veggies are sliced thin and/or narrow with all seeds removed)
  2      Roma tomatoes
 1/2    onion, white or red
  1      cucumber
 1/2 c. mushrooms
  2      stalks of celery.  sliced
  1     Granny Smith apple
  1      Papaya
  1      small can ripe sliced olives
 1/2 c. walnut pieces
 1/2 c. chopped parsley
  Balsamic and Basil vinaigrette dressing- with EEVO. The kind I use has 4g fat per 2 Tbsps.

Combine all fruit and vegetables in a bowl. Drizzle 1/2 c. Balsamic and Basil vinaigrette dressing. Toss well to distribute the dressing. Cover and chill in refrigerator 1 hour. Toss again before serving.

This salad will satisfy all your taste buds and then some.

If I had a banana and some raisins on hand, they would've been added.

Feel free to embellish or change the amounts as you wish and make this salad your own surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment